Saturday, July 14, 2007

Weekend Plans?

Yesterday:

As I indicated yesterday was cross training day, which for me is a martial arts workout. So I went thouugh 5oo hand strikes with 400 kicks along with some technique practice. I was beat, kicks take it out of you. I try to power into each kick and punch so I really feel it today. I felt like I took a beat down. I really wanted to quit about halfway through it all. I felt terrible. But I gutted it out even though I didn't want to. It helps that I have this blog, it makes me more responsible to my exercise. If I quit I have to say, "I quit". I really don't want to do that. So I finished. I don't want to be the guy who doesn't do what he says. But the fact I tell people what I am going to do makes it more likely that I will actually do it. Well, I am glad I finished

Today:
It is my goal today to do a 4 miler. I will try to get down to Kelly Drive later on. Kelly Drive is one of Philadelphia's wonderful landmarks. It is essentially a running lane along the Boat House Row, where the University rowers keep their boats. There is usually an event or some crew practice on the river. Also, there are a number of statutes along the way. It is a nice of mix of nature and art. Very nice. It is nice there is a Viking statute along the way, it appeals to my hertiage.

Tomorrow:
The dreaded long run. I have a 7 miler scheduled for tomorrow. The big ones scare me, I will keep you posted on how it works out. I have a race next Sunday so I have to keep on pace. I will post an update on Monday.

have fun this weekend

No comments: