Friday, July 20, 2007

Philly Distance Run



Last year began my aborted attempt to run this race. Try number two as it were. It was disappointing to have to deal with runners' knee when what I really wanted to do is get out there run and get better. This year is different for many reasons.



  • I have been running solidly for 4 months without issue beyon a couple of small injuries.

  • I have been consistent in my milage

  • I have over the past couple of weeks put in 7 and 8 miles on my long runs.

  • After having done both the Broad Street Run (10miles) and the Double Trouble (15k mountain trail) I have race experience.

  • At my current health level I am already capable of completing the course

However, I am not one to rest on my laurels. I have put together my training program for the Philly Distance Run. It is a standard program moving from 22 to 26 miles over the next 8 weeks until the Distance Run. I will keep you updated on my progress.

The Marsh Creek Raptor Run is on Sunday and I am excited to do my best on this one. I will be shooting for about 1 hour and 10 minutes for the 5 mile course. I think this is a conservative goal and I hope to be able to complete it.

No comments: