Thursday, July 12, 2007

Not what I planned

Today:

I had planned to go for a 3 mile trail run this morning. It didn't work out, I was beat this morning and didn't make it. I went out tonight but my gps was out of juice. (I graduated with about a 3.8 gpa from undergraduate and I did graduate from law school but I still do stupid things like forget to plug in the gps ... go figure). So I set out on a 4 mile course I know, 1 mile of trail and 3 of paved path. I can't give a breakdown but it was 4 miles in 53 minutes. That is about my pace. A regular run. It was a nice break from watching time during the race to determine my pace. I just went with what was comfortable. It was a refreshing change, just listen to the body and go with the flow.

Tomorrow
Cross training day.
100x front kicks
100x side kicks
100 x roundhouse kicks
100 x back kicks
100x punches
100x sword hands
100x back fists
100x palms
100x spearhands

Then each 20 techniques 5 x each. It should take about an hour. I will be beaten when I am done, but nothing like a good martial arts workout to make you feel alive. Looking forward to pain, sometimes I am a freak.

Injury report: Right heel is still a bit tender, but everything else is in the pink.

No comments: