Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Over the River and Through the Woods

Today's Run:

I went out this morning for a 5 miler in a heat advisory at my favorite haunt, Pennypack park. Mostly flat with some rolling hills adjacent to the creek with a couple of bridge crossings. Sad news, I did not get out in time so I went for a 4 miler. Humidity was very high, and it was oppressive even at 6:30 am. So here is the result.

Mile1: 13:40
Mile 2: 13:11
Mile 3: 14:05
Mile 4: 13:20

Mile 3 I took on a good amount of water and walked about a 1 minute and half while doing so. Then I hustled to get a decent pace at the end of the mile. I feel good about it. I would have liked to have done 5 miles but I didn't have the time. Well we do what we can when we can.

I was able to run stretchs at 10 and a half minutes. I couldn't do that forever but it was nice to be able to do that. A train is built for power not speed. Well this train did a little speed today, well for a train.

Injury report: I dinged my right heel at class last night, a little tender but it won't affect my running. In addition, took a palm to the nose and an elbow to the ear. Just a couple of glancing blows so no trouble. My ribs always take one or two stray shots, but this is just part and parcel. I am fine with everything except the heel today.

Tomorrow: 3 mile trail run ... Keep running.

2 comments:

Ian said...

I love running in Colorado even despite the altitude. For most of my runs there is almost no humidity.

The downside to that is that if I ever go somewhere else to race the humidity kills me.

Robert Barker said...

I used to live in Nevada and I am not sure the lack of air of the humidity is worse. Running in Colorado must take some getting used to.