Friday, July 20, 2007

Just like Tokyo ... except slower

Once upon a time I lived a summer in Tokyo, I loved it. Part of it was that I lived in a nice area that had a city park not too far from where I lived. In this park was a track and I would go there every day after work at the law firm I was working at and run laps. I would walk a lap and then run a lap. Not like I run now but as fast as I could without dying. I would be physically spent at the end of each lap then I would huff and puff for a lap to the endless amusement of the older Japanese folk who were in the park doing some tai chi or just watching their grandchildren while they played on a nearby playground. They probably thought I was a crazy bird. I lost alot of weight on this little program along with Japanese food which is both very good and not as heavy as our diet here in the states. I loved Japan, I would like to live there again someday. Unfortunately when I came back to the states I put the weight back on.

So today, I went back to my interval training. I have been reading other posts about speed work on other sites and I decided it was time to put it back in. So today I went with a run as fast as I can for a quarter mile then walk for .1 miles then run for .25 walk for .1, well you get the idea here is the result on the .25's broken down by minutes per miles.

1. 8:38 mile
2. 9:10 mile
3: 9:30 mile
4: 10:01 mile
5: 9:36 mile
6: 9:10 mile
7: 9:50 mile
8: 10:15 mile

It was Tokyo revisted, and it was nice workout. I was beaten and huffing at the end but it was good and my pace was good for me. I will try to put together one of these a week. I have a weight check on the 25th of the month and I will update the tracker then.

Keep running...

1 comment:

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

I like this format of workout. The variables of the running, walking, jogging produce a great effect. Over time, the 400 pace will increase and how strong you feel will improve. Nice job.