Monday, January 7, 2008

Speeding Up... Sort of

I am trying to get back into the swing of things after my flu. I am still not 100%, maybe 85% is the best I can say. I am still a bit weak and my lungs complain a bit on the run. But tonight was a bit better than Saturday.

4.35 miles, 49:22 minutes, 11:21 pace, 846 calories

Mile 1: 11:00
Mile 2: 11:05
Mile 3: 11:39
Mile 4: 11:28
.35: 11:54 pace

I had to stop after mile 2 to walk a .2 and clear out my lungs, well you get the idea. When I started again I was a bit slower pace wise. I have to say I am happy with the run. Things are getting better.

6 comments:

Pokey said...

GREAT splits Rob! You should be VERY happy! One of my goals for this year is to hold an 11-ish minute pace for a duration of longer than one mile! :) I hope to see splits like yours by the end of 2008!

Robert Barker said...

Thanks Pokey, I am still feeling a bit worn from being sick but I have found a little more speed. I am sure you will get to your time as well. :)

Nancy said...

Looking good, Rob. Those bugs are nasty and your body has to recover from fighting them off. Hang in there.

Robert Barker said...

Nancy: Thanks, the bug can keep you down that is for sure. I think I am almost over it.

Scott: I am really only getting back to my September/October pace. But I have gotten a bit faster as of late.

Chief Wahoo said...

I feel your pain - I have been fighting a sinus/cold thing for a few days.

For some reason when I am running I seem to feel better - the congestion goes away - and I actually feel good - until about an hour after I stop running.

Get better and keep up the good work!

Robert Barker said...

Thanks for visting my site, Chief. I think I agree with you on the congestion, well atleast after I have been out there for about a mile or so.