Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year

It has been a rough couple of weeks for me. I had only planned on taking a couple of days off for the Christmas holiday; however, I caught a nice/ nasty flu that had other ideas. So now it has been two weeks, my word. The good news is that the congestion has finally taken leave of my lungs. So that is good news. Now I can get out and do some running. I am quite pleased about this. Being laid up in bed every other day was not much fun. I can make some very good home made soup, so I was able to speed my recovery with my own soup. Mom was too far away to be of much help this time. Oh, well.

The election season is on us again. I admit I am a bit of a junkie on this stuff. I stayed up late last night to watch the results in Iowa. A caucus seems like an interesting thing, perhaps a bit old school but interesting. I was glad to see Obama lead the dems, I am not much of a Hilary Clinton fan. As for the Repubs, I like McCain and would like to see him emerge on that side of the aisle. But we will see what happens in New Hampshire. I know I will be looking forward to it.

I have reset my Garmin for the new year and I will keep everyone posted on the results.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Glad you are feeling better. Hope you can get back out there.

I was TOTALLY emersed in the caucus. So fun to be a part of it, if not a little unorganized and archaic. :D I loved being there and was glued to the set when I got home. So interesting...

Robert Barker said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I envy you for having been part of the caucus, here in Pennsylvania we are irrelevant as our primary is not until everything is over. :(