Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday again?


Today my Brooks top came in. I don't know how it keeps you warm and wicks the moisture away but it does. I like the brooks stuff, because I enjoy day glow yellow. Well, not really but it will cut down on my chances of being hit by a car. I won't say it won't happen, as the sales lady said she was almost hit by a car while riding a bike while wearing this top. So people don't pay attention, ok I knew that. I see stupid things everyday in my work as a lawyer, no stupidity would mean no need for lawyers. All that said I like the top.


The Captain (my Garmin) and I went out for a little jaunt this evening. This run kicked by back side for reasons unknown. I feel more tired than I did after my 9 on Saturday. This may be due to it being Monday and after a full day of work, here are the results:


59:07 minutes, 5:12 miles, 1000 calories, 11:33 pace


Mile 1: 11:30

Mile 2: 11:27

Mile 3: 11:32

Mile 4: 11:45

Mile 5: 11:30

Last .12 - 11:32 pace


I have no excuse for mile 4. I thought I was maintaining throughout but I fell off in mile 4, can't say why?? I was a slacking I think. I am getting generally faster.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

You are SO getting faster. I'm SO jealous. Mile 4 really wasn't off that much. You can't expect complete consistency, I don't think.

Don't get me started on stupidity. Oy.

Robert Barker said...

Nancy: I have only recently found any speed. I am not sure if there is anything to be jealous of.

Robert Barker said...

Hey Scott, the jacket did seem to cut down on the red belly, but it wasn't all that cold last night. I will reserve judgment. As to speed, I would just like to be in the single digits somewhere. (9 something, 8 something - I would be happy with that)

kara said...

Like your nickname for the Garmin.
I call mine "The Grill."
lol

Robert Barker said...

I like "The Grill" it has an intimidating feel to it.