Saturday, January 5, 2008

Back in the Saddle

I am still not 100% over my flu but I was tired of being at home and resting. So today I went out and ran a little bit. I ran for 4 miles at scenic Pennypack Park. I did not run 4 miles in a row though. I ran a mile than walked a quarter then ran a mile walked a quarter and so on. Without being too graphic, I am surprised at the amount of mucus that the human body can create in such a short time.

Results:

4 miles, 12:13 average pace, 753 calories, 48:51 total time
Mile 1: 11:51
Mile 2: 12:24
Mile 3: 12:13
Mile 4: 12:22

I do feel much better post run and hope that I feel even better later. I just hope that the mucus calms down over the coming days. Keep running.

4 comments:

Jason said...

You and me noth on the runny nose...I never knew I had that much stuff in me :)

Robert Barker said...

I hear you man. :)

Nancy said...

That was my running technique coming back too.

Keep pushing the fluids to break that crap up. And, great job getting out there!!!

Robert Barker said...

Thanks Nancy, I did get the idea from you on my comeback. After reading your post, I decided that was the best way to ease my way back into it. :)