Friday, May 25, 2007

Registration Complete

The big races require you to register early to same some cash on the fees. So, I registered for the Philly Distance Run and the 1/2 marathon portion of the Balitmore Marathon for September 16 and October 13 respectively. The die has been cast so to say. I have done 10 miles and that was the true test - Can I do it. Answer: yes. Even with a sprained ankle I covered all 10 miles and did not walk but maybe 6 blocks through the entire race. So now I have two half marathons on my plate. Remarkable from my reckoning. But it does mean that I have to run through the summer and have to take the running seriously as 13.1 miles is nothing to sneeze at. My goal time? Good Question, I'll look at it.

15 minute mile = 195 minutes or 3 hours and 15 minutes
13 minute mile = 169 minutes or 2 hours and 49 minutes
12 minute mile = 156 minutes or 2 hours and 36 minutes
11 minute mile = 143 minutes or 2 hours and 23 minutes
10 minute mile = 130 minutes or 2 hours and 10 minutes

My past performance would probably put me at about the 13 minute paxe throughout the race, so that is where I would end up if I ran today. But I worked on speed last night and ran 3 miles in 28 minutes (a 9 minute and 20 second mile). So I have some speed to work with and will develop more over the next few months. So I think I will be happy with a 2 hour and 30 minute time (between 11 and 12 minutes per mile). But I will shoot for 2 hours and 15 minutes (between 10 and 11 minutes per mile). There it is I am registered and plan to compete. I hope to beat my 10 mile performance on the 1/2 marathon and beat that time on the 2nd. That is the plan. Wish me luck and good luck to everyone else.

No comments: