Sunday, August 19, 2007

Weekend Work

On Saturday, I ran on actual roads again. It was nice to be back, my heel pain looks like it will be with me for a while. It is not bad just irksome. I decided when I went out on Saturday that I wanted to run for an hour. No expectations on time, pace or anything else. Just run an hour. I hit the trail at 7:30 and ran 30 minutes out and then it took 32 minutes to get back. Well not bad. I had no problems with wind or muscle fatigue. To be truthful, all the cross training in the past few weeks has paid off in terms of muscular strength. In the past, I might get some fatigue in my legs at the end of a long run. But after weeks of cross training and swimming, I felt great. I did not bring a watch on the run, mostly because I am an idiot. I forgot to bring it.

In the end I ran 62 minutes and ran about 4.5 miles. Not terrible. It feels great to be back on track. It is nice to feel the breeze on a nice run when the weather was not too hot. Everything was right and it was a good day to get back on the trails.

Friday: Martial arts work out

Sunday: 4 miles/ 50 minutes elliptical and strength training.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's got to be nice to be running outside again. I have yet to run for a full hour, but am getting closer.

Robert Barker said...

it was great!

Elkerette said...

I'm glad to hear your elliptical-penance is over and done with :)

Robert Barker said...

Well not totally over, the guilt I inherited from my French-Canadian Grandmother is still alive and well. So I will be doing two days a week on elliptical until I am fully recovered.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are out there again. Sounds like a peaceful run!