Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Ho hum

This morning I did 4 miles on the elliptical - boring, but I did it. I have discovered that my heel is slow to recover. I think I will have to start running again if I will make the Philly Distance Run. So, my new plan ... wait for it ... wait for it:

Two days on the elliptical - yuck
Two days on the streets (get your mind out of the gutter, not that way)

As running never really bothered my heel I will just do a long run and one moderate run on the roads and then put in some time on the elliptical. It is a band-aid but I have to get back out there. I really want to do the half marathon this year after being sidelined last year. It may be advisable to rest but I will cut back instead. I don't really feel like being sidelined for months.

* * * * *
Notes and thoughts:

Last night, Kenpo class. Lots of kicks, knees, punches and open hand strikes. Lots of sweat and a good time was had by virtually everyone. I will be testing in two weeks. Usually I would be upset to test so soon but as it is just a low belt, I am not too taken back. I am getting a little sore from the weight lifting I have been doing. I have had a weight rebound since yesterday, up 4 pounds who knows why these things happen. Seems like an aberration. This is why I only weigh myself once a month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry the little fat fairy worked her weird magic. Good luck on the elliptical. I have so many friends who love those machines - to me, it seems like a step up from the dreadmill. Good luck testing!