Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Ups and downs

Today I ran a part of the park trail that I have not really been on before. It is not hidden really just that everyone goes the other way so I followed them and never really thought about the other way. Well this morning I went the other way. It is pretty hilly and as such little used. Hills are rough for me, I just kill myself on them. Today was no different.

3 miles

Mile 1: 13:55
Mile 2: 13:50
Mile 3: 13:15

It was like torture for me but I did make it through it. Other point of reference, I always under estimate how I will feel the day after a long run. I was not capable of running on Sunday. I was torn up from my 9 miles on Saturday. So I took Sunday off completely. Monday, I did two martial arts workouts - one in the morning and one in the evening. Felt fine.

12 days until the Philly Distance Run ... tick tock, tick tock.

2 comments:

Dave Fleet said...

Great work! Good to hear you're listening to your body too - nine miles is a good workout, so you were right to take some time out. The cross-training on Monday sounds like a good idea too.

Hang in there!

Is this your first half? If so, believe me when I say it will all be worth it when you cross the finish line.

Robert Barker said...

Thanks for the encouragement. The nine did do a number on me.