Friday, September 21, 2007

It was all I could take

I wanted to run last night, but I did some cross training instead. I am not a 100% recovered yet. The wear and tear I put on my body was a little more than usual, the race pumped me up to times I don't usually do on 4 miles runs never mind 13.1. But I am a running junkie, and my junk is running. (Please see Half- Fast's recent post on his new morning running addiction, funny stuff). So I woke up (crawled out of bed) at 5:30 and stumbled around for 15 to twenty minutes before getting out the door. I had not worn any running shoes since Sunday. Strange feeling (I cross train barefoot if you must know) to be wearing them again.

It felt like I was in Munch's the Scream. It was a surreal feeling just being out there. I had run the streets before but it felt weird being out there again. Just feeling a bit misplaced this morning. I am not registered for any races, maybe that is part of it. I had postponed the Baltimore half to get my heel and ankle a chance to recover a bit. So as it stands now, the only reason to run is simply to run. I never quite got into a groove today but over all I am happy just to get back on track.

3 miles

Mile 1: 12:43
Mile 2: 12:18
Mile 3: 12:22

I wasn't trying to ease up but this was the best I could do today. My pace was a bit herky jerky .. up down up down. Like I said the groove was elusive today. But that is fine. I will do a longer run this weekend and see how it goes. Overall I am happy to be back on the junk.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Glad you are back, even if it felt a little off. The main thing is you got something in. I bet it will smoothe out this weekend.

Have a good one!

Ian said...

Thanks for the shout out! I always get up and stumble around for 10 to 15 before heading out the door. That first 10 to 15 minutes is the worst part about it.