Saturday, September 22, 2007

Goals and Saturday times

I have decided to focus on some personal running goals until I figure out if I want to run another race this year. I wrote some goals around mid June as it relates to my running. Here is the list:

  • Run sub 12 minute pace for 5 minutes (each mile below 12 minutes) - Completed this one. I ran a sub 12 for the first 6 miles of the Philly Distance Run.
  • Run sub 11 minute pace for 5 miles
  • Run sub 10 minute pace for 3 miles

These are the goals I am working on. I will try to work these out over the next 6 weeks while I figure out what I want to do in terms of racing for the rest of the year. Today I did this:

  • Mile 1: 12:07
  • Mile 2: 11:23
  • Mile 3: 11:31

Not bad, I am getting there. I am getting faster and as long as I can concentrate on the speed I don't see any reason why I can't do this.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Great goals!! Be careful not to hurt yourself. I'm close there with you. Would love to run a 5k sub 11 minute miles (all at least somewhere in the 10's).

Good luck!!

Jason said...

Yeah man, make sure you don't overdo it. It would be horrible for you to hurt yourself and not be able to run at all.

Dave Fleet said...

I'll repeat the 'be careful' but I'll add 'good on ya!' for the goals.

Remember - slow and steady wins the race. Keep at it and you'll smash those goals and more besides.

Robert Barker said...

Sub 11:00 pace is not that outrageous. Plus I am really only a half minute off. Short term I would like to get it for 3 miles. Based on my half marathon distance and the cool fall weather. I think it is something I can accomplish over the next two months.