Friday, September 7, 2007

Not what I intended but still pretty good

I had intended to to 6 to 8 last night; however, being a lawyer sometimes unexpected work related things come up that blow my plans out of the water. So I am saying that I did not run last night, I wanted to and that should count for something I don't what but something. So I went out this morning but after a late work night (read 1 am), I was not really that motivated this morning. But I got up and went out to my favorite course and did what time allowed, which was 4 miles. But I did them right in a row so that was fine. It was an uneventful run beyond my pet peeve of people walking dogs without leashes that want to run up to you while you are running. I like dogs but I get a bit nervous during these encounters, because I don't know the dog's intent.

In the end all was well:

Mile 1: 13:15
Mile 2: 12:24
Mile 3: 13:01
Mile 4: 13:05

I was trying not to push on the last couple of miles but rather I wanted to find out what my natural groove was where the running isn't exactly effortless but comfortable. The answer is about 13:00. Not bad for me. The next post is 100 and it will also be the post pre half marathon prep run. I plan to do 12 miles tomorrow. We will see but that is the intent.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! i totally agree with the dog issue; i wish people would keep them on leashes up here too. i am gunshy about dogs (been bitten 3 times during various times in my life)so i get a bit nervous too. i am thinking of getting pepper spray, for my pouch but i am not sure if i would get to it fast enough. Great job on the running! you've cut your times down consistently, found your groove and keep running even when tired! thats awesome. you are an inspiration! keep it up!

Robert Barker said...

I could have pushed on the last couple of miles and gotten down to 12:00 to 12:15 but I wanted to find my sustainable pace. Thanks for the kudos.

Anonymous said...

Hope your 12 miler goes well today! Hope you find your groove like you did in the last run.

Jason said...

Yeah I agree on the dog thing as well. I hate it when folks aren't considerate of runners. I hope the 12 miles went well.