Saturday, November 17, 2007

On the Treadmill ... again

I mentioned before that I really do not like running on the treadmill. But with my heel being an issue that I want to resolve, I have to limit my days outside. So today, I went to the gym in the morning to do my 5 mile run on the hamster wheel. Well I don't have much to say beyond the fact that I did it. I hour = 5 miles = 12:00 pace. As others have noted my Garmin does not work so well on the treadmill. My actual pace being zero as I was in the same spot the entire time. I am being a grumpy gus about the the treadmill thing, I am sure I will be better about it as time goes on.

Tomorrow I will run on actual roads that will life my spirits about running. My goal for tomorrow is 7 miles. That will put me in good stead for the 5 miler on Thanksgiving and good training for the 8 on the 8th. Tomorrow is the Philadelphia Marathon that means I have exactly one year to get ready for the 2008 Philadelphia Marathon. I will get a training plan together shortly and let everyone know what my plans are.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

You're doing great!! I did zero, so I am way jealous. Great work!!

Robert Barker said...

I will give my plug to Bally's, my gym. They gave me a year's renewal membership for $100. A crazy low price. So I can go to the gym because it is really cheap. Thanks for the props, I have to keep up if I am going to do my 8 on the 8th.

Anonymous said...

Yeah - 5 on the treadmill - it should equal 15 on that torture device!