Wednesday, November 28, 2007

10k Tuesday, part the second

As I mentioned last week I was starting a tradition of 10k on Tuesday for the winter. So today I did a bit better than last week's version:

Ran 10k, time 1:15:27, calories 1161

Mile 1: 11:32
Mile 2: 12:01
Mile 3: 12:17
Mile 4: 11:58
Mile 5: 11:55
Mile 6: 13:00
last.21: 13:03

I am pretty happy with this. The last mile would have been a lot faster but I ran into a strong head wind. I really did not realize how much a head wind can slow you down. But I was putting out the same effort as before but I was being held back. Interesting stuff.

Good news: My heel which had been giving me soooo much trouble over the summer seems to be for the most part resolved. I can remember times this summer when I had to crawl up the stairs first thing in the morning. Now the most I get is a little nudge of pain. I am pleased with the progress. I don't even wince when walking stairs any more, it is just the odd step now and then that will give me a dull pain.

This was also run #2 with music. I think I like it. It is a nice change for now. I may get bored with it eventually, but during the winter this may be a necessity as it is hard to enjoy nature with the cold beating down on you.

No comments: