Monday, November 26, 2007

Monday 4 miler


Today I broke in my new MP3 player. I have been running for a year but this is the first time I went with music. I am of mixed review. So I loaded up some stuff to keep me upbeat while I ran, Linkin Park, Fuel, Matchbox 20, Shakira (because her hips don't lie, what more can you ask) and some Fergie. It did keep me up and going, I will give it that. I think that it would have really canned any intent on my part to want to quit. I will say that I did not really run any faster than usual, but the roads were a bit slick so I was trying to be careful, so I will hold off judgement until I have had it about a week or so.
Mile 1: 11:38
Mile 2: 12:20
Mile 3: 12:50 (I was not getting tired but rather there was a big hill in the middle of this course)
Mile 4: 12:05 (not really speeding up rather a big downhill for the first .3 of the mile)
Over all good, I finished and I got some music to listen to on the way. I will do some exploration of music over the next few weeks to see what works for me.
Have fun out there.

4 comments:

David H. said...

I'm not hooked on music, but it's nice to have every once in a while. Don't get too hooked - many races don't allow music anyway.

Robert Barker said...

I need something to run roads late at night. There just isn't that much to see otherwise. I think I will shelve it once the warmer weather returns.

Dave Fleet said...

That's quite the varied music collection!

I'm with you - music has helped me through some very tough races and as a consequence there are a few songs with a very special place in my heart. I tend to listen to podcasts when I'm running though... that way I manage to be productive while I'm on the road!

On a separate note - you're tagged!

Robert Barker said...

Scott: I use one of those nifty armbands to keep the mp3 in place.
I have noticed that with the earphones I use I can still hear the outside world as long as I don't crank it up. I Run on the sidewalks and am careful of crosswalks so no worries.

David: Thanks, I will get something together.