Monday, November 26, 2007

The eat-athon is now at a close

Thanksgiving seems to be a time of endless food. The good news is that it tastes really good, the bad news is that eating that much is not really good for you. My view point on this is that it is only one day. I don't eat that way normally only one day a year.

My preparations this year were as follows (I cook the thanksgiving feast at my house, I am pretty good at it).

1. modest turkey (12 pounds)
2. Stuffing - with raisins, apples, onions, celery (I like it a lot)
3. Sweet potatoes
4. string beans
5. cranberry sauce
6. snacking food before the 6pm dinner of cheese and chips with some apple cider (very nice)
7. Desert - blueberry pie (my daughter likes the blueberry pie) and chocolate pudding pie served with whipped cream.

It was all very good and I am glad I made the dinner, but I am equally glad it is over. So now back to the roads. I gained 1 pound over this food free for all. Not bad.

This week.
Monday: 4 miles
Tuesday: 10k Tuesday
Wednesday: 5 miles
Thursday: Rest
Friday: 4 miles
Saturday: Long - maybe 8 to 10 miles
Sunday - Rest

I think my 1 pound is history. I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving with friends and family.

2 comments:

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Good job with only gaining 1 pound, and for losing it already. Can't say the same but I will work it off this week.

Robert Barker said...

Thanksgiving is a time of excess. But it only lasts a day or a weekend depending. By the way, I like your jar, I am sure you will not say the word.