Saturday, November 10, 2007

Did I mention...

... that I really hate treadmills. That being said I went to the gym today rather than running the streets. It was raining today, I don't mind running in the rain but when it is freezing rain I am given pause. So I went to the gym and ran on the treadmill. I started lifting some weights so that I felt that I really did something. When I was done with the weights, I put in 5 miles on the treadmill. Or so it says. I guess the problem is that I am still standing in the same place at every point on whatever distance I ran. So in the end I got to sweat a lot and didn't really go anywhere or see a thing beyond Sports Center.

Tomorrow, roads (I hope)

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Now that's dedication. Good for you!!! Would you believe I am still hacking around. Yuck.

Will you be able to join us for 8 on the 8th? Yes, I made up my own race, logo and everything. :D

BTW, I got Brooks Adrenaline and Adidas Supernova. I know you asked a while back. They are still in the box waiting patiently. Maybe someday I will introduce them to the streets and to my blog.

Anonymous said...

5 miles on a treadmill - that is fabulous! Way to go!

David H. said...

I, too, hate treadmills. I haven't met a treadmill I liked yet. And I've never met anyone who actually says they don't mind it.

Robert Barker said...

Nancy: I am in for the 8 on the 8th. I like Brooks and will probably make the switch on my next pair. I currently use Saucony but when I bought the Brooks trail I thought the fit was better.

Amy: Thanks for the encouragement all is appreciated.

David: I think treadmills are infernal contraptions, I will use them because I must but I will reserve the right to be grumpy about it. The only people who seem to like them are those that just walk them.