Friday, November 30, 2007

Nice Night for a Run


The runs later in the week have a tendency to get pushed aside due to life demands. I have a billable hour requirement and that forces me to pay very close attention to what I am doing in terms of work each week. As the week wears on I get more conscious of where I am in terms of hours and I tend to push near the end of the week (Thursday and Friday have a tendency to be 10 to 12 hour days sometimes more- the down side to the legal profession). But today I started work very early so I was able to put things to bed early, which meant that I got to go running. Huzzah (I think huzzah is starting to rub off on me, has more to than yeah).


4 miles: my goal was really just to get out there and do it. I did not have a time goal, just run. (I should do this more often)


4miles, 11:55 pace, 762 calories


Mile 1: 11:47

Mile 2: 12:08

Mile 3: 12:00

Mile 4: 11:45


I think this worked out. I just want to get my endurance back up again. I really fell off the wagon after the half marathon. I think I am getting into the swing of things now. Injuries can really suck.


Tonight was nice, not really cold just a bit crisp. Roads were clear and everyone gave me the same look as usual when I run late at night. What is this idiot up to. I have only ever run into another runner once in all the time that I run at night.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

I love those idiot looks. It means that you are quite dedicated and doing more than most people would. And, YOU ARE!!

Great job working around the schedule. It can be such a challenge, but you are making it a priority.

Robert Barker said...

Thanks, Nancy. I am finding that late nights is the only time I can fit things in these days. But it nice to get out there.

Robert Barker said...

I like the intellectual side of the law but the business side of it is tough. In short, it is a mixed bag. The work is interesting but the hours are quite long.

Unknown said...

i know what you mean about fitting things in with a busy schedule, granted I don't have a full time job, school and an internship can sure feel like it sometimes. good luck with keeping the mileage.

and don't worry, i get crazy looks when I run at night too. but i just look at them and think: "i'm out here and you're not" or "what have you done today?" in the most sarcastic tone my brain will allow

Robert Barker said...

I think I will take that approach about the crazy looks.