Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Head Scratching Moments

I went to the GNC on the ground floor of my building, I work on the 50th floor, for some energy gels and had a strange encounter with the merchant.

Me: I see you have some lose energy gels but do you have any boxes?

Merchant: No

Me: There aren't that many loose ones, when do you expect more in?

Merchant: They sell very fast, but we should get a box in sometime next week.

(me thinking, one box but he said they sell fast ... I am confused)

Me: Did you say that you will only get in one box next week.

Merchant: That is right, sir

See if I was a nutrition store, I would keep more of items that sold quickly on hand. Also, I know I am a rebel on this one, but I would order more than one box for something that I had very little of. Just me, I know I live on the edge but what can one do.

Well I bought 10 leaving 2 in the store, which were both vanilla with zero mg of caffeine; I need the caffeine. I think I am learning that for running supplies the Internet is my friend. I will order online for my future energy gel needs. Sigh, it would have been much better to be able to just pop down at lunch to get what I needed.

No comments: