Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thursday Night Run

After a successful Monday and Tuesday, tonight seemed to be a good night to sneak in a quick run. It rained all day and the roads were still wet but the storm was gone and the temps were fine. So at 10:30 I went out for a quick run.

4.2 miles, 802 calories, 11:51 average pace
Mile 1: 11:54
Mile 2: 11:44
Mile 3: 11:59
Mile 4: 11:44
.2: 11:51 pace

This is was a fast run for me as of late. I have been running steadily in the 12:00 range but this was under the whole way, this is getting back on track for me.

This is my best week in a long time, I am at 14.71 miles with the weekend still to come. This is a low mile week in terms of long run so I think I am planning 6 miles on one day and maybe another 4 on the other. This will put me at a minimum of 20.71 miles for the week. That is a great week for me. With all the injuries I have been fighting I am very happy with this result.

Happy Running.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rob.

How'd you find my blog?

I wish you luck with running! I used to run, but I blew my knee. Even ran a half marathon. I loved it! Now it's just taekwondo!

Robert Barker said...

Amanda, I found your blog through one of the Martial Arts listings. I practice American Kenpo. Knee injuries suck, sorry about that.

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Nice Rob 4 miles sub 12 is a nice accomplishment.

Robert Barker said...

Dan: Thanks, I was running sub 11:00 a few months back but injuries killed my speed, I am getting better

Scott: I measure my time and pace with my handy dandy GPS watch.