Here are the results since March. I have lost 41 pounds, I have reduced my running times from a walk run walk run to steady running an 11:30 to 12:00 pace generally speaking. I had a 3 mile time of less than 11:00 for each mile. I have made good progress but there is lots of room to go. Here is the list for 2008.
- Duplicate the weight loss efforts of 2007, 41 pounds
- Run 1000 miles or more for the year
- Run a marathon, I plan to run the Philadelphia Marathon next November
- Consistently average 25+ miles per week (life happens and there will be hiccups but I want this to be the rule not the exception)
- Incorporate fartleks, tempo running and interval running into my running.
- Improve my martial arts throughout the year including more knife and boxing training.
I do not know where I will be at the end of the year for weight but if I stay where I am I will have a goal of 41 pounds for 2008 or few more depending upon how the year ends. Well there are my early New Year's goals.