Wednesday, October 24, 2007

World Series, game 1

I don't pretend to be an expert on baseball. But I did grow up outside of Boston, so I am a fan. I have watched my team come back from some deep holes so I know it is possible to do. But, I am watching the game tonight thinking these teams are on two different levels. The Rockies simply look out classed. Their pitching is simply not good. It is a long series but if they are going to compete they are going to have to do better. The Red Sox batters are simply too good and patient. I have seen three straight bases loaded walks in the bottom of the 5th inning. A 34 minute inning for 7 runs, ugly.

Josh Beckett can't pitch every night so the one run performances will not be an every night occurrence. With that in mind I think this series will be done in 5 or 6 games at the longest. Sorry, Colorado this team is too much for your Rockies. It's midnight Cinderella, the ball is over. Colorado is a fun team with a lot of heart, but they are out classed in this series. Better luck next year.

Game 1: Boston 13 Colorado 1
Series: Boston 1, Colorado 0

1 comment:

Ian said...

Lets Go Red Sox! They were dominating last night. Somewhere deep down I hope the Rockies manage to win a game as I have tickets to Game 5 and would love to go see Beckett pitch in the World Series.