Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Hey 11:00 how you doing?

I have been flirting with a long term goal as of late. This is to run 3 miles where each mile is sub 11:00. The other day I finished my three miles at 11:00 pace combined. So I am close. But one mile was 10:15 and the others were over 11:00. But I am on the right track. I think that if I can keep up my training I should be able to get to that pace by the end of November.

Running goals:
  • 3 miles 11:00 or less for each mile
  • 5 miles 12:00 or less for each mile (did this one at the Philly Distance Run)
  • 5 miles 11:00 or less for each mile
  • 10 miles 12:00 or less for each mile
  • 1 mile 9:00 pace
  • 2 miles 9:45 pace or less for each mile
  • Run a marathon - any pace will be fine

That is what I am shooting for. I am close on the first one and the 10 mile one as well. I have broken the 13:00 and 12:00 thresholds and now I am flirting with 11:00, how you doin', it feels good.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Good for you!! These are great goals. Your progress is SO fast.

You keep inspiring me. :D

Nancy said...

Rob - I have had this bookmarked all day yesterday. The more I look at it, the more I think these could be my goals.

I am going to see what my PT guy says tomorrow about the "focus" of the next few weeks for me (I think we are talking longer term goals of strengthening and toning and not sure what that means for my immediate future running).

However, I was thinking maybe we ought to have a little friendly contest. First one to 3 miles at 11 or less for each mile, something like that. :D Any thoughts?

I did my latest 5k in about 11:05 pacing but no way was I close to holding each mile steady. (so you know I am not duping you!) :D :D

Robert Barker said...

I think that sounds good. Do you want to come up with a bet?

David H. said...

you've written it down ... so it'll happen! :)