Sunday, October 14, 2007

NorthEast Philadelphia 5 miler

I ran this little run today. It was a great day for a run being cool and dry. I ran much faster than I usually do.

5 miles = 57 minutes 10 seconds - That is really quite good for me. That is a pace of 11:26 over the course of the race. The first and last miles were under 11:00 and no mile was over 12:00. It was good. I like the small local runs, they really give off a family feeling. Everyone is so nice and happy. Plus the proceeds go to local charaties, which I like. Today was for local youth athletics, nice.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Great job. Glad you got out there. You are pulling ahead of me, I think we used to be close by my 5 mile PR is 60 minutes. Good work!!

Robert Barker said...

Things just went right for me on Sunday. Usually, I am a 12:30 man. But lately I have found some extra speed. After doing sub 12:00 for the first 7 of the half marathon, I realized that I can do faster. So now I try to. Thanks for your encouragement, I appreciate it.