Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Race Week

Here is my diet and exercise log for Tuesday to Friday before the Race on Sunday. The race is a 15k, but I thought it would be interesting for me to log everything so I can see it in front of me.

Tuesday:

6:30 am: 2 miles - 22 minutes 30 seconds - fast for me not for most.
7:00 am: Breakfast - yogurt, apple, water + supplements (flaxseed oil and multivitimins)
9:00 am: Bottle of Water
12:00 pm: Lunch- 2x tuna sandwich, apple
3:00 pm: Snack - carrots
6:00 pm: Dinner - bowl of spaghetti, slice of bread
7:30 pm: Kenpo Class - lots to techniques, bag work, foot work drills. A good class.

Wednesday:
6:30 am: 4 miles - 54 minutes - a 13.5 minute pace. The humidity was a killer today.
7:30 am: Breakfast: yogurt, bottle of gatorade, water + supplements (flaxseed oil and multi's)
9:30 am: bottle of water
10:30 am: Snack- 2 x carrots
12:30 pm: Lunch - 1 deli sandwich (probably too big), 2 pickles, pepsi (my one for the week) - I think I had too many calories but I was hungry after the run this morning and I did feel much better after lunch.
2:30: Snack- apple (gala)- I love galas they are the best in my book, although a slightly sour granny smith is a nice treat on occasion
4:00 pm: Snack - apple (gala again) (also had two more bottles of water throughout the day)
6:30 pm: Dinner- pork, corn, carrots, milk

Thursday:
6:30 am: Run 3 miles in 38:36 (12 minute 52 second mile average).
7:30 am: Breakfast gatorade, yogurt, supplements (flaxseed oil + multis)
10:45 am: Snack - Orange and bottle of water
12:15 pm: Lunch - 2 Tuna Sandwiches, carrot, bottle of water
2:00 pm: Snack - 2 carrots
4:00 pm: Snack - Orange and bottle of water
8:00 pm: Dinner - Spaghetti and piece of bread, milk



Friday:
6:00 am: Run - 2 miles - 24 minutes (12 minute mile)
7:30 am: Breakfast - yogurt, pop tarts (2), bottle of water, supplements (flaxseed oil + multis)
9:45 am: Snack: large carrot, bottle of water
12:30 pm: Lunch - 2 tuna sandwiches, bottle of water
2:00 pm: Snack - Orange
4:00 pm: Snack- Apple
7:00 pm: Dinner - Lasangna, garlic bread

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stumbled across your blog randomly, so don't think I am some creepy fellow.

Congrats on the weight loss! That shows true dedication to better health. Keep up the good work.

Robert Barker said...

thanks for the encouragement.