Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Belt Test

It is odd to think that I will be testing for a yellow belt on Saturday. I look back on my black belt test so many years ago and to test for a yellow seems a little funny. But with new systems come new requirements. So I have to be humble for an afternoon, Rome was not built in a day.

In preparation I will be working on my basic techniques daily for the rest of the week, review notes and basically drill the information into my head any way I can. It should not be too difficult. I don't think so anyway. I am still on the mend from the double trouble 15k (ankles are a bit stiff -- other than that fine). But tonight starts my getting back into the swing of things.

Wednesday: 7:00 pm Kenpo Class

Thursday: 6:00 am Run - 4 miles
Kenpo in the evening at home

Friday: 6:00 am Run - 3 miles
Kenpo in the evening at home

Saturday: Kenpo Test
Run in the evening 3 miles

Sunday: 7:00 am Long Run (6-10 miles) - I will decide on the distance depending on how I do during the week. I am thinking 8 would be good but I am not sure yet. I know most could care less about this type of posting. However, it helps me to stay on track and do what I say. I makes me more responsible to myself. If I write it down and post it, then it becomes a sort of promise. So as a result I am more likely to complete it. I won't always say that I do, because that isn't how life works. But it is more likely, much more likely. If I just think to myself that I should go for a run the odds are 50:50, but if I take the the time to think it out and post it the odds go to 85:15 or 90:10. It helps, sorry if I bore anyone with this stuff. Feel free to skip it.

Keep running ... I am out my door tomorrow.

No comments: