Thursday, January 31, 2008

I Hate Injuries

Last night I was at mile 2.8 of my 5 mile run when I stepped on a tree branch on the sidewalk that I did not see and twisted my ankle. Of course I cried like a school girl. Well I really winced in pain and hobbled around for a couple of minutes before calling it quits for the night. I did a hobble run back home to R.I.C.E it up. On the way back I think my running looked similar to Cornelius in Planet of the Apes. I would have made a good extra with that funky gait.



I treated myself at home during the night and the ice seemed to help (last night and again this morning). I believe this is a minor thing and will not affect my half marathon coming up. Just a twist that will probably take 2 to 3 days to remedy itself. Injuries are a part of sport, it is true and there is no getting around it. If you exercise you will get hurt as some point. But I will take this little twist over the plantar injury that hounded me for 6 months any day of the week.



Oh well I get two to three days of rest. Things could be a lot worse. Everyone put in an extra mile for me.

In other news, I love this story from Muncie

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/15181455/detail.html

I love this story.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Awww DAMN. that stinks. get better soon.

Robert Barker said...

It is really not a big deal. There is almost no swelling and I can walk. I ran on it last night, it wasn't comfortable, but I could do it. It is not a bad injury, just a small twist. :)

*lisa* said...

awh, sorry about your injury -- here's to both of ours healing - and soon!

we're in for a nasty storm so I'll have at least a day or so more of mandated rest that will probably be good for me.

p.s. I live in Muncie. How funny is that? We have some good stories 'round here.

Tim Wilson said...

Rob,

I hope your ankle is starting to feel better. I too am having trouble with my ankle right now and I can feel your pain.... literally! :)

Good luck with your upcoming Half!

Robert Barker said...

Lisa: I thought of you when I saw the story, funny stuff. Here is to some healing vibes.

Tim: Sorry for your pain as well. Mine is about 50% better from yesterday. I think by the weekend I will be right as rain.