Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thinking about Charities?

As everyone knows, I am a veteran of the United States Army. As such, military matters mean a good deal to me. Everyone of them matters. Tonight on the news there was a story about a soldier running in the Philadelphia Marathon to raise money for charity.



His website: http://www.takepride.com/home.php

His Blog: http://takepride.tumblr.com/

Story in Washington Post: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/23/AR2006072300630.html



The name of the movement is called Take Pride, the mission is to raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project and other military related charities. These soldiers are stationed in Afghanistan and have a lot to worry about in their day to day lives. However, these men have taken the time to worry about other soldiers who have been seriously wounded. I can't say enough about how moved I am.

It is easy to forget that Americans are in harms way every day; they are. The wars we fight overseas these days are done in such a way so that they do not interfere with everyday life here in the States. But we are at war. The soldiers fighting these wars do so without asking for anything in return. I know I care and I know a lot of other people out there care as well. So I am taking the money I would have spent on a registration fee for out virtual blogging run on the 8th of December and spending it on a T-shirt to help this project. I would urge everyone to do the same. We all give money to causes every year. I give money to various charities throughout the year, this will now be another.

So please buy a t-shirt for a very good cause, the good news is that it won't go to your butt or gut like chocolate for school fund raisers. These men and women may have been doing their duty; the least we can do is let them know we as Americans care and appreciate it. Check it out, please.

I have added links for your convenience.

No comments: