Friday, September 14, 2007

I love the pre race expos

Today I went down to the convention center to pick up my race packet for Sunday. At the same time I registered my daughter for a fun run. I am sure she will have a great time. The race coordinators do a good job of getting the whole family involved. She gets a T-Shirt, race number and at the race she will get a medal, I am sure she will be thrilled.

After I make it through the lines to get my goodie bag and t-shirt are the expo vendors. I get a little jazzed for this. I am not much of a shopper but I like these. I try to bring about $50 to blow on running stuff. Usually the prices on running gear sometimes will make me cringe. So when I go to the expo and see shorts and tops for $10 to $15 a pop, my eyes open. For me it is like a kid in a candy store. Today, I picked up a pair of shorts, top and socks for about $30. I was very happy. I never seem to have enough shorts and anti-wicking tops. I tried about a week ago in a regular t-shirt, I won't do that again. So I am glad to find a bargain on apparel.

Last year, I had runner's knee and couldn't run more than 200 yards before I was in agony from the pain. I had registered for the distance run but just couldn't do it. I was quite disappointed. This year after a year's wait I will be part of the run, I am quite pleased to say. Everyone wish me luck, I am sure to finish. At what time is any one's guess. But I would like to be finished before my daughter runs her race at 10:30. I will do my best.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what time does your race start? good luck! have a blast. and remember, if you dont finish b4 her run; ITS OK!

have fun with it. LJ

Nancy said...

GOOD LUCK and ENJOY that you are out there!!!